DUI causing injury charges in Orange County, Riverside County, and San Bernardino County
California state law on DUI causing injury
In the State of California, DUI charges are punished harshly.
No longer are drivers who are arrested for driving under the influence escorted home and given the proverbial “slap on the wrist.”
The punishments associated with being convicted of a DUI causing injury include possible jail time and heavy fines.
At a minimum, you might face:
- Mandatory alcohol and/or drug counseling
- Ignition Interlock Device
- Driver’s license suspension for one year
- Liability for victim restitution – even if you have insurance
- Loss of insurance
- A “strike” on your criminal record (when Great Bodily Injury is inflicted)
- Long-term revocation of your driver’s license
- Any subsequent DUI within 10 years automatically becomes a felony
If you have been arrested and charged with a DUI causing injury in California, you need an aggressive lawyer who will defend your rights and fight for your freedom.
Often, accidents that cause injuries are labeled as “DUI causing injury” when in fact, there were other factors that contributed to or caused the accident.
I will fully investigate your case, working with accident reconstruction specialists and experts to determine how the accident occurred. I will also determine if law enforcement made any errors in determining your BAC at the time of the accident.
My goal is to do everything necessary get you the best possible results. Contact me today to schedule a consultation: